In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, NCSBN introduced several carefully evaluated and tested modifications to the NCLEX® examinations. These modifications will expire on Sept. 30, 2020. Beginning Oct. 1, 2020, NCLEX® exams will retain some of the characteristics of the modified exam. The difficulty levels and passing standards of the exams have not changed.
The modifications effective Oct. 1, 2020 include:
• Pretest items will be reintroduced. Each candidate will get 15 pretest items in their exam.
• Due to the addition of the 15 pretest items, the minimum length exam will be 75 items and the maximum length exam will be 145 items.
• Examination time will be five hours.
• The voluntary Next Generation NCLEX® Special Research Section will be reintroduced.
• The NCLEX® Tutorial will be replaced with a general guide and test taking tips.
A more detailed explanation of the modifications can be found, click here.
Email specific questions about the examination changes here:email@example.com.
Pearson VUE testing centers will continue to adhere to all CDC guidelines for social distancing, and cleaning and disinfection. Candidates and testing center personnel will be screened and required to wear masks while in the center.