“Nursing is what you are, not what you do!”
~ Wendy K. Greenspan
2007: MSN, With Distinction Nursing Education
Mercy College, Dobbs Ferry, NY
Dominican College, Blauvelt NY
1978: AAS Nursing
Rockland Community College, NY
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
State of New York #309320, Professional Registered Nurse
New Jersey #9996, Professional Registered Nurse
PESI Health Care, Certificate in Legal Nursing Documentation
National League of Nursing (NLN), Certified Nurse Educator
American Assoc Critical Care Nurses, Certified Critical Care Nurse Educator (CCRN-K)
American Heart Association (AHA), AHA Instructor
American Assoc Critical Care Nurses, Certified Critical Care Nurse (CCRN)
American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support Provider
Nyack Hospital & AHA Educator, Dysrhythmia interpretation
Nyack Hospital, Oncology Nursing
Nyack Hospital, IV Therapy
Academic/Educator Work Experience
ATI Nursing Education, Leawood, Kansas
January 2019-Present: Live Review Educator/NCLEX Specialist
• Instructor of NCLEX® reviews both comprehensive and focus
• Present Test Taking Strategies workshops to Nursing schools
• Virtual and Live Coach/Mentor to nursing students providing evaluation of testing, support, and resources to improve course grades and pass rates
• Create individualized remediation for Nursing Students and Graduates
• Uphold excellent relationships with Nursing Faculty and Administration Nation Wide
• Exceeded benchmarks in student and school administration satisfaction (95% -100% satisfaction)
RN Boot Camp, Nyack NY
2010–Present: Nursing Education Consultant, Tutor and Heath Care Navigator
• Assess and Support Nursing Program Chairs, Faculty, Staff re: Item writing, Nursing Program enhancement and problem solving. Noted success on end program exams, pass rates and exam processes.
• Personalized mentor and guide for nursing students and graduates, foreign students and certification exams.
• NCLEX® exam custom classes; HESI Prep
• Resume writing and interview coaching
• Provide counseling and support to individuals and families assisting them to navigate through the health care system to ensure their healthcare needs are met.
Eastwick College, Hackensack, NJ
August 2019-January 2020: Associate Director of Nursing
• Collaborate with the Director of Nursing and Faculty in the attainment of the objectives of the AAS Registered Nurse (RN) Program and the fulfillment of Eastwick Colleges’ mission.
• Design, establish and implement new RN Program
Rockland Community College, Suffern, NY
2012–2018: Tenured Assistant Professor of Nursing
2006-2012: Tenure Track Instructor Nursing
2003-2006: Adjunct Nursing Instructor
• Professor and Team Leader for multiple courses of nursing program.
• Designed and distributed course materials for clinical and lecture courses to all fundamentals faculty
• Coordinated and taught clinicals in long term care facilities (Summit Park Hospital, Friedwald Center) for all RCC nursing students to achieve objectives of the nursing program.
• Taught didactic with the focus of the older adult directly to all students in the nursing program for over 15 years.
• Proficient in the development of online courses and Web-enhanced courses.
• Creative use of technology and active teaching strategies i.e. podcasts, video lectures and gaming
• Enthusiastic presence on RCC Campus to foster student recruitment, retention and involvement
• Identify nursing students at risk and provide coaching
• Coordinator of Nursing peer mentor program student support group
• Mentor to numerous Nursing Faculty each semester
• Collaborate successfully with other departments, faculty, and outside agencies
• Involvement in numerous College and Departmental Committees. This includes leadership and membership positions.
• Exceptional communication skills, thinking ability, and collaborative work habits
Nyack College, Nyack NY
2015-2017: Adjunct Lecturer Professor/Med/Surg Course Coordinator
• Coordinate clinical placements and manage adjunct faculty
• Lecture, clinical and laboratory leadership and professorial functions
• Manage adjunct faculty
• Collaborate with support staff
• Advise and support students
• Perform item writing and reviewing assessments
National League of Nursing (NLN), Washington D.C
• Per Diem Consultant
• Independent contractor to write and review test items for NLN achievement tests
• Certified Nurse Educator Item Writer and reviewer
Kaplan Test Prep Corp, White Plains NY
2012-2016: NCLEX® Expert
• Expert presenter in NCLEX® reviews and support to Nursing graduates.
• Exceeded area benchmarks
• Chosen to teach schools with “troubled accounts
Dominican College, Orangeburg, NY
Summer 2006: Adjunct Instructor for ABSN Program
Jewish Community Center (JCC), West Nyack NY
January 2018–August 2018:Head Camp Nurse
• Provide CPR and First AID training to Key JCC staff
• Set up Nursing/First Aide Office for JCC
• Coordinate Staffing for Nurses Office
• Assess, plan and implement first aide and nursing care to JCC
• Campers, JCC Camp staff and JCC members
• Administer medication to and monitor chronically ill children attending JCC Camp
United Hospice of Rockland, New City, New York
2011-2012: Continuous Care RN- on call per diem
Health Lifeline, Nyack, New York
2009- 2011: Head Nurse (Volunteer position)
• Provided free health care services to clients without health insurance and /or financial means
• Managed medical staff (volunteers) including scheduling etc.
Home Aides of Rockland, New City, New York
Summer 2008: Field Nurse
• Performed patient and home assessments; supervised unlicensed nursing staff, implemented education programs
Nyack Hospital, Nyack NY
2003-2005: Nursing Staff Development Educator
• Created orientation program for RN/unlicensed nursing staff
• Training Center Coordinator/Instructor American Heart Association programs: ACLS, BCLS, PALS
• Lead Nurse Planner responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation, financing, record keeping, and quality of continuing nursing education (CEU’s)
• Critical Care instructor- Designed critical care course for nurses entering critical areas
• Created RN graduate critical care orientation program
• Organized hospital wide orientation programs
• Performed Hospital Supervision on routine basis
• Developed Rapid Response Team Education, Preceptor Program, Stroke
Team Educator, Advance Directives Initiative, Nyack Hospital, Nyack NY
1994-2003: Registered Staff Nurse
• Charge Nurse/Preceptor/Clinical staff in Critical Care Areas (ICU/ ED), Medical Surgical, Oncology, PACU
Northern Manor Multicare Center, Nanuet, NY
Jan 2002-June 2003: Head Nurse Manager: Ventilator Unit
• Recruited to create and oversee the first ventilator unit (15 beds) in sub-acute/long term care setting in Rockland County, NY
• Purchased state of the art equiptment for the residents
• Created a curriculum and educated all employees of the institution.
• Created policies and procedures for Ventilator Unit
• Created admission and discharge policies and procedures
• Instituted strict infection control guidelines per CDC and educated all staff.
• Performed Supervision of facility as needed
Other Nursing Experience
• Includes various experiences in different facilities/organizations but not limited to Assistant Director of Nursing at Friedwald Center, Staff Development Instructor, Post Anesthesia Care Nurse, Hospice Nurse, infusion Nurse, School Nurse (all levels) camp nurse.
• These positions were at Friedwald Center, NY Presbyterian Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, Phelps Memorial Hospital, United Hospice of Rockland, Hematology/Oncology Associates of Rockland, and Clarkstown School District, New Rochelle Hospital Medical Center, Extended Care Pavillion (LTC)
Greenspan, Wendy K., Autism Tool Kit (in development) 2018
Greenspan, Wendy K., Online support classes designed with interactive and technology components
Greenspan, Wendy K., Standardized Antidotal notes form for clinical students (2017)
Greenspan, Wendy K., Accreditation Self Study NLNAC. Wrote Students Chapter for Self-Study. (2016)
Greenspan, Wendy K., Title III Symposium. Fundamentals Course Redesign. (2013)
Greenspan, Wendy K., Time Management and Priority Tool for New Student Orientation. (2011)
Greenspan, Wendy K., Developed Assessment and Evaluation Tool for Peer Mentor Program. (2009)
Greenspan, Wendy K., Designed Work Environment Survey for RCC Faculty, Staff and Students. (2008)
Greenspan, Wendy K., Accreditation Self Study NLNAC. Composed Systemic Program Evaluation Plan for RCC Nursing Program. (2008)
These include participation in chapter writing, item writing and/ or reviewing.
Hitner, H. & Nagle, B. (2017). Pharmacology: An Introduction 7th Ed. McGraw Hill, review of several chapters
Weiss, S. & Tappen, R. (2015). Essentials of Nursing Leadership and
Management, 6th Ed F.A. Davis Company: Pa
Western Governor University (WGU) Item Writer for Nursing Course Assessment
Nugent, P. & Vitale B. ( 2013). Fundamentals: Need to Know Content PLUS Practice
Questions, 1st Ed. Chpt: 17 Mobility. F.A. Davis, Company: Pa
Silvestre, L. (2011). Saunders comprehensive review for the NCLEX-RN
examinations 5th Ed. Elsevier: MO
Silvestre, L. (2011). Saunders comprehensive review CD for the NCLEX-RN
examinations 5th ed. Elsevier: MO
Greenspan, Wendy K., (Producer, Writer, Presenter). (2010). Rockland Community College, Nursing Workshops iTunes University.
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2010). Test-taking strategies. Feuer NCLEX Review Company: NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., Caputi, Linda, MSN, EdD, RN, CNE, ANEF. (2016) Hail, Hail The Gangs All Here: Interprofessional Clinical Rounding Done Virtually. National League for Nursing, Summit
Greenspan, Wendy K., Aida Egues, DNP, RN, APHN-BC, PHCNS-BC, CNE. ®4K. (2012). Taking the Linear Out if the Lecture: Use of Zooming Software for Conceptual Learning Experiences. National League for Nursing, Summit
I have developed and presented numerous programs in a variety of settings and for different audiences; many of these have been presented more than once
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2019). HESI Prep. A group from William Paterson University
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2019). Test-taking strategies NCLEX® Prep. Numerous locations and on numerous occasions
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2018). Test-taking strategies for the nursing graduate. (Fairleigh Dickenson University, Hackensack, NJ)
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2018). Item writing, how to write a “high-level question”. (St Paul’s School of Nursing, Rego Park, NY)
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2018). How to provide competent, sensitive care to persons on the autism spectrum. A program for hospital employees and first responders. (Nyack Hospital, NY)- 2 presentations
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2018-2013) NCLEX® Review Courses including NCLEX Boot Camp Work Shop
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2016). Test-taking strategies for the nursing graduate. (Fairleigh Dickenson University)-2 presentations
Greenspan, Wendy K.,(2018- 2013). Respiratory for NCLEX-RN®. Numerous locations.
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2018- 2013). Endocrine for NCLEX-RN®. Numerous locations.
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2018- 2013). ABGS as easy as 1-2-3. Numerous locations.
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2018-2013). Med Math for RN’s. Numerous locations.
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2017-2015). Fundamentals Skills Demos Sessions for Incoming LPN’s. RCC.NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2017-2012). HESI Prep. Numerous locations.
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2017- 2008). Test-taking strategies workshop. Rockland Community College (RCC). NY
Greenspan, Wendy K.,(2017/2016/2015/2014/2013/2012/2011/2010/2009/2008). Time management, prioritization, and study skills. RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2017). Prep for Diabetic Educator Certification. Nyack, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2017). Bullying, at the faculty level. RCC.NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2017). Nursing Faculty Development Seminar: Competency-Based Curriculum in Nursing, RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2017). CETL: Active Learning by Gaming, RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2016) Treat your heard like a valentine. West Nyack, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2016-2013, 2008). Nursing faculty development workshop: from clinical nurse expert to adjunct professor; ideas for success. RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2015) Avoiding Death by PowerPoint Pt I and II. CETL) RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2015) Prep for PCCN RN Boot Camp. Nyack, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2013). Teaching excellence: integrating best practice instructional strategies to enhance your teaching, RCC. NY.
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2012). Effective gaming and learning in the classroom – how to engage all types of learners. 21st Annual Conference on Instruction & Technology (CIT 2012). Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2012). Effective gaming and learning in the classroom. Presented for adjuncts at RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2012). Effective gaming and learning in the classroom – how to engage all types of learners. Best Practices Conference: Innovation and creativity in the community college classroom at Bergen Community College. Bergen, NJ
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2011). Caregiver Stress and nutrition: effects on the older adult. Spring Valley, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2011). Teaching web-enhanced courses: best practices panel. (CETL) RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2011). Tips on teaching a web-enhanced course: best practices. (CETL)RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2010). Compassion Fatigue; care for the caregiver. Nyack Hospital, Nyack, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2010). Medication safety at home. Ramapo Senior Center, Spring Valley, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2009). Caregiver stress, care for the caregiver. Ramapo Senior Center, Spring Valley, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2010). Stroke Management Seminar. St Joseph’s Hospital, Yonkers, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2009). Do it Yourself Critical Thinking Workshop. (CETL), RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2009). Protect Your Handouts and presentations with acrobat (CETL), RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2009). Create Your RCC Web Presence. (CETL). RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2009). Stroke management seminar. Nyack Hospital, Helen Hayes Hospital & Good Samaritan Hospital, Suffern, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2009). Physical Assessment of the Cardiopulmonary System for Critical Care Nurses. Nyack Hospital, Nyack, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K.,(2008). Emergent Medication Management Course. Helen Hayes Hospital & Nyack Hospital, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2008). Nursing documentation standards and practice, legal and ethical issues in nursing. Student Nurses assoc. RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2008). The Nursing process: A review for Adjunct Faculty. RCC. NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2008). Physical Assessment of the Emergent Patient, Nyack Hospital, Nyack, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2008). Respiratory Ventilator Management Course. Nyack Hospital, Helen Hayes Hospital
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2008). IV skills and management, Nyack Hospital, Nyack, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2008). Critical care medication management course. Nyack Hospital. Nyack, NY
Greenspan, Wendy K., (2008). Word 2007 Skills for the Nursing Department (CETL), RCC. NY
Exceed benchmarks Excellence ATI Fall 2019
Excellence in Teaching Award; Kaplan. (2014-2016)
Appointed by National League of Nursing as RCC Ambassador 2014-2016
Honorable Mention in “Who’s Who in Academia” by Joseph Bozanek. (2014)
Honored/credited for Mercy College’s Game Day Symposium by Victoria (Tori) Mondelli, Ph.D. Director of Teaching and Learning. (2012).
ACE Award for NCLEX Teaching Excellence; Kaplan. (2012)
United Hospice of Rockland Thank You Recognition for two years
United Hospice of Rockland Hero’s Award
Chancellors Award Nomination. Excellence in Teaching. (2010)
Sigma Theta Tau. Nursing Honor Society international. (2000, 2007).
Keynote Speaker Nursing Graduation Ceremony, Rockland Community College, NY (2006)
National League of Nursing (NLN)
Rockland Business Association (RBA)
New York State Nurses Association (NYSNA): District 17
American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
American Heart Association
Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing
ASCEND Learning (ATI) 2019
Nyack Hospital, Nyack, NY (2019)
Jersey College, Teterboro NJ (2019)
Farleigh Dickenson University, Hackensack, NJ (2018)
St Paul’s School of Nursing, Rego Park, NY (2018)
Nyack Hospital, Nyack, NY (2018)
Nyack College, Nursing Department, Nyack, NY. (2015-2017)
National League of Nursing. Item writer/ reviewer. Project-based and end program achievement tests. Appointed.
National League of Nursing. CNE Test Development Committee. Appointed. (2012-2015)
Eastwick College Nursing Department, Ramsey NJ. (2016)
Excelsior College Nursing Program- Standard Setter Workshop (2011)
Angelica Feuer, NCLEX Review Company, NYC, NY (2010)
Helen Hayes Hospital Nursing, Haverstraw, NY (2008)
Nyack Hospital, Nyack, NY (2008)
Northern Manor, Nanuet NY (2003)
Vice Chair /Secretary Quality of Life Committee.
Rockland Community College Faculty Senator.
Retention Tenure and Promotion (RTP) Division Committee.
Chair Faculty Evaluation Committee -to create new Faculty Evaluation tool (Ad Hoc).
Recruitment and Retention Ad Hoc –Task Force Target Groups Member.
Orthodox Jewish Community and High School Students.
New Student Orientation Committee.
African American History Month Committee.
STARS Committee Secretary.
Chancellors award nominating Committee on two occasions.
Critical Thinking Committee (Ad Hoc)
Evaluation Committee (Ad Hoc)
Team leader for Fundamentals Part II
Team leader for Pharmacology
Team Leader for Med –Surg; Cardiac- Endocrine
Team Leader for Med –Surg; Immunity-Oncology-Respiratory
Students/Pinning Committee – Chair
Student Readmission Committee
NLNAC Self Study Team
Academic Review Committee
Nursing Faculty Evaluation Committee
Leadership and Management
Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical Surgical- Cardiac, Endocrine, Hematology, Immunity, Neurological, Oncology, Perioperative, Respiratory, Renal
Physical Assessment Support
Patho pharmacology 1 Support
Rockland Community College
Medical Surgical: Cardiac/ Endocrine Lecture & Clinical
Support Module Medical Surgical: CV/ Endocrine Lecture & Clinical
Pediatric / Management Nursing Lecture
Support Module Pediatric / Management Nursing Lecture
Medical Surgical: Immunity/Oncology /Respiratory Lecture & Clinical
Support Module Medical Surgical: Immunity/Oncology /Respiratory
Lecture & Clinical
Fundamentals of Nursing II: Lecture & Clinical
Support Module Fundamentals of Nursing II: Lecture & Clinical
Fundamentals of Nursing I: Clinical
Support Module Fundamentals of Nursing I: Clinical
Introduction to Drug Administration
Using the Nursing Process
Online Course: Introduction to Drug Administration
Online Course: Fundamentals of Nursing: Support module
Online Course: Living with Health
Respiratory/Cardiac/Renal/ Diabetes Lecture and Clinical
Fundamentals of Nursing
• Maintain positive relationships with my students; many long after graduation
• Faculty advisor to 2 student clubs: Student Nurses Association and Heart to Heart.
• Creative teaching strategies and technology I use to engage students.
• Participant and successful completion in RCC Leadership Academy
• Leadership in special projects:
– Quality of Life Projects
– Organized a Faculty-Staff- Student Suggestions and Concerns/ Communication, liaison to solve problems and improve the quality of life on campus.
– Organized fundraiser for Campus Day Care Center- Toy Story Movie.
– Coordinated diaper drive/ Baby Drive Campus Day Care Center.
– Coordinated numerous Food Drives for College Food Pantry.
– Green contest- students entered projects that were selected as sustainable and usable to improve energy usage on campus. Monetary prizes awarded.
– Blood Drive.
– Book collections for Africa.
– Eye-glasses collections.
– Hospice- Choice Trust Hospice Project with Nursing Students-Provide support to caregivers in South Africa who care for HIV patients.
– Coordinated collections for Haiti after disaster, including money, medical and school supplies.
– Albany trip with SNA to see the legislative process.
• Association/activities with National League of Nursing.
• Coordinated of Continuing Education Department-Programs for Health Care Professions.
• Participation in STEM program Scholars Conference for middle school girls.
• Provided catering and coordination of food services for African American Month Committee open/closing event.
• Developed scholarships for graduating nursing students through SNA.
• Successful and ongoing mentoring of numerous faculty/ staff/ and students each semester.
Inpatient Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Incident Committee-Community Representative
Facilitator -Parent Support Network Support; Affiliate, The Youth Mental Health Network local chapter- (Focus-children and adults with mental health and developmental disabilities)
Member Parent Support Network of Westchester- parents of children w/ mental health issues
CPR trainer for Jewish Community Center (JCC), West Nyack, NY.
Blood pressure screening for Heart Health Month at Jewish Community Center (JCC), West Nyack, NY.
“Soup Angel” baker at First Reformed Church, Nyack, NY.
RCC Speaker’s Bureau
Compassion Fatigue of Caregivers.
Member Asperger Syndrome and High Functioning Autism Association.
Participate in fundraising.
Initiated Social Strategies Group for Spectrum Neuroscience, NYC.
Committee member United Hospice of Rockland –Choice Trust.
Coordinated Blood pressure and Immunizations for senior citizens -RCC/Spring Valley
Active in food drive events- People to People in Rockland County.
Provided catering services and assist w/ different social events via my Synagogues in Rockland County.
United Way Day of Caring volunteer.
Long history of CPR training in the Community.